Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Homemade Waffles (No milk recipe)


       We do not do cold cereal at our house anymore.  We stopped buying breakfast cereal a few months back.  Instead we have oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and gravy, doughnuts, or pancakes and it is all made from scratch.  Today's recipe is our waffle recipe.
 
 


Homemade Waffles
 
 2 c. flour
1 c. apple or pumpkin butter
1 c. water
3 eggs
3 T. sugar
2 T. butter, softened
 1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
 
                  
                                                            
        If you do not have any apple or pumpkin butter, you can use applesauce instead.  Just mix all the ingredients together into a bowl.  Heat up your waffle iron and when it is ready, cook the waffles.  They have such great flavor.  This makes 16 waffles.




Be sure to top these pancakes with some Easy & Delicious Homemade Pancake Syrup.  Everything it takes to make the syrup are already in your pantry. 
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram




12 comments:

  1. Interesting recipe!! I make my waffles ahead and freeze them so that we can have them whenever we are in the mood. It is so yummy to a nice waffle :) These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roomie and I had these for breakfast this morning! VERY good and super easy. It just so happened that we had a jar of apple butter leftover from out fall trip to a local orchard but no milk (go figure ,right?). So we made the substitution and I think this will be our new recipe for waffles! Thanks!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know Anastasia. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. What the time limit? I'm about to make these !! ASAP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most waffle irons have a light that comes on (or goes off) when the waffles are done. If your waffle iron has not indicator, I would check for doneness after 1 1/2 minutes.

      Delete
  4. It looks delicious. My kids will love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome and I sure do appreciate you dropping by.

      Delete
  5. My first time using my waffle iron and this recipe was great. We loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know. So glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. I love easy recipes! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party.

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...