Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easy Potato Biscuits

    Here is an easy recipe for "Potato Biscuits" some people call them "Potato Rolls" but they resemble more of a biscuit to me.  You can't taste the taters in them but the taters make them light and delicious.  Our family has these about once a week and they get eaten quickly around here.  Hope your family likes 'em as much as mine does.
 

 





Potato Biscuits
 
 2 c. baking mix
1/2 c. hot water
 1/3 c. water
1/3 c. instant potato flakes 
2 T. butter, softened
2 tsp. sugar

                                                                                                  

    In a bowl, mix together the potato flakes, sugar, margarine and hot water.
potato biscuits, potato rolls, easy biscuits, how to make biscuits, how to make light fluffy hot rolls,


    Stir gently then add in the water and Bisquick or my baking mix.


    Stir until it forms a dough and then turn it out onto a baking mix dusted table. 
 
potato biscuits, potato rolls, easy biscuits, how to make biscuits, how to make light fluffy hot rolls,

Knead 8-10 times and then pinch off some dough and roll into 12 balls.  Place on an ungreased cooking sheet and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 11 minutes.  

potato biscuits, potato rolls, easy biscuits, how to make biscuits, how to make light fluffy hot rolls,


    These Potato Biscuits go great with my Turkey Breast in the Crock Pot or the Perfect Crock Pot Complete Roast Dinner.  

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram



11 comments:

  1. Yummy! I LOVE biscuits! I'd love for you to link up a few posts at my weekend link party@The Weekend re-Treat! on The Best Blog Recipes if you haven't already!

    Hope to see you there!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
    http://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite and I'll try to get there soon!

      Delete
  2. Wow!  This looks great!  I found you from the Tuesday  food party at Mandy's Recipe. I would love for you to share at my party:  http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to link up with you real soon!

      Delete
  3. I have not been visiting this site lately. Was here the last few days and didnt left a comment. I check back again and found more great insights both from you and the guest comments as well. Excellent Post. Keep up the good work! I have bookmarked this site :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by and hope to see you again!

      Delete
  4. I have some instant potatoes to use but no bisquick. I am out of the homemade bisquick that I made so I guess that I have to make some soon so that I can whip these up! They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they turned out for you and you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  5. Found you via Pinterest. This has become a weekly meal in our house. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...